Thursday, February 26, 2009

Playing For Dancing

Hello there,

A hectic time this month as our son John got married on the 14th February to a fantastic girl called Anna. As a wedding gift to them I have given them the trusty Yamaha HC4 organ. It is funny how music can play a large part in our lives. John and Anna were both involved with a performance of South Pacific many years ago. They did not know each other then, as he was at a boys high school and she at a girls high school. It was a combined school presentation. John was the percussionist and Anna played the trumpet in the orchestra.

Well I am only on a short note today, but I feel that a quick mention of playing for dancing is called for.

I actually met Susan my wife at Ballroom and Latin American Dancing lessons. playing the organ to a rhythm helped me with timing and a knowledge of the different rhythm patterns.

I am giving you a link here to one of my dance pieces. Enjoy it. It is called Let's Cha Cha Cha.


In my next article, I will go further into this subject .

Bye for now.

Robin

No comments: