Sunday, December 14, 2008

Playing For Christmas


















Well, it is that time of the year again, and I have dug out the list of Christmas music that I play. It is a combination of Carols and songs that I like and generally if my memory hold up, can play. Unfortunately being and "Mr. I Play By Ear", I am once again, left looking at the list on occasion thinking,"How does this melody go", or I am half way through a piece when I suddenly run into a completely different tune, or forget completely and stop. (See and you all thought that reading music was a bind).

I have to confess that I am a Christmas Baby. My birthday is on the 2oth December, and my Granddaughters is on the 24th December. She will be three next week, I will be Mmmmm, old enough. As an Englishman and living in New Zealand, I have kept up our traditions here and after much searching, s till manage to have Roast Turkey dinner, Chestnut Stuffing, and Cranberry Sauce followed by home made Christmas pudding with Brandy Sauce. I also make the mincemeat for the 12 dozen (yes 144) Mince Pies that my wife Susan bakes.

The first photo here is of the old faithful organ, with the Christmas tree in the background. I find it helps to have achristmas feel around you when you are playing the organ at Christmas. It helps put that elusive feeling in that identifies your style from others.

Well I will leave you with a quick picture of our lounge. Many of the Christmas decorations on the fireplace were made by our children over the years. It is imp[ortant that Christmas is a family time.

Bye for now.

Have a great Christmas.

Robin

No comments: